Khatme Nubuwwat means that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the Last of the Prophets. The process and routine of appointing Prophets and Messengers by Almighty Allah has been terminated, finished, ended, stopped, and sealed. None will be appointed as prophet after Muhammad (PBUH). His Prophethood will continue until the judgment day and the day after, only that person can claim to be a Muslim who believes in Khatme Nubuwwat and confesses.
“Muhammad (P.B.U.H) is not the father of any men among you, but he is the Messenger of ALLAH and the last of the Prophets; and ALLAH is aware of all things”. (Quran, Al-Ahzab 33:40)”
“None is worth of worship except Allah; Muhammad (PBUH) is apostle of Allah”
Almighty Allah clearly says in Holy Quran,
Thus, finalization of the prophet hood has been clearly declared by Almighty Allah himself. There are about one hundred (100) verses of Holy Quran and more than two hundred (200) Sayings of the Holy Prophet on Khatm-e-Nubuwwat, which clearly and preciously convey that the practice of appointing Prophets has been finished after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Let us study some of the Sayings of holy Prophet on this.
* “I am the Last of the Prophets. No Prophet is there after me.”
* Saad Bin Abi Waqaas narrates that the Holy Prophet PBUH said to Ali: “Ali! You have the same status and relation with me as Haroon (AS) had with Mosses (AS) with the exception that there is no prophet after me.”
* Hazrat Abu Amarah narrates, the Holy prophet PBUH Said: “I am the Last of the Prophets and you are last of the Ummah.” and “I am the seal of the prophets and you are seal of Ummah.”
* Ummul-Mumineen Hazrat Ayesha (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha) Narrates, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “I am the Last of Prophets and My Mosque is the Last of the mosques of the Holy Prophets.”
* Hazrat Uqba bin Aamir (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha) narrates, the Holy Prophet PBUH said: “Had there been any Prophet after me, Omer (Razi-Allah-ho-Anha) S/o Khattab would have been that”.
* Hazrat Abu Hurerah (Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrates, the holly prophet (PBUH) said: “My example and example of other prophets is like the one who constructed the great, grant and beautiful place but left place of a brick in one of the corners. People cam to see and went around it. They praised its beauty and grandness very much. Besides they said this is one brick has not been fixed.” The holy prophet PBUH said, “I am that brick and I am the last of the prophets. (I am the seal of the Prophethood)”.
* Hazrat Sobaan (Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrated, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “There will be thirty faiths less liars of the highest order. Every one of them will claim to be a Prophet. Where as in fact,I am last of the Prophets. No Prophet is to come (Here) after me”.
* Hazrat Abuzar (Razi-Allah-ho-Anhu) narrates, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said to me: “O; Abuzar! The primarily of the Prophets is Hazrat Adam (Alaihe-Salaam) and the last of all the Prophets is Prophet Muhammad PBUH.”
Almighty Allah Says in Qur’an about his last prophet: “Nor does he Say (ought) of (his own) desire. It is no less then inspiration sent down to him”.
After such clear and explicit declaration by almighty Allah Himself and his last his most distinguished prophet about the end termination of the practice of appointing Prophets, if someone does not believe in that, he is definitely an atheist and must be treated accordingly.
The whole Muslim Ummah coherence on the belief of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. All the expounders and exegetics have concord on the meanings of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. I.e. there is neither any type of Prophet nor any sort of messenger after Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). It is also concordat that there is no other interpretation or appropriation in the meanings of the word Khatm-e-Nubuwwat. The abnegator (denier) of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat is abnegator of Allah his last messenger and coherence of Muslim Ummah. Denier of Khatm-e-Nubuwwat element of Nubuwwat is infidel, traitor, and biggest liar. His punishment is the same as that Muselema Kazzab. May Allah grace all the Muslims to bound and cling themselves to the person of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) and remain adherent to the teachings of Islam in letter and sprit Aamin.