* Immediately upon awakening rub the face and the eyes with both the palms in order to remove the effects of sleep. ( Shamaaile Tirmidhi )
* When the eyes open in the morning recite this dua:
Trans: All praise is due to Allah who brought us to life after having granted us death and to Him will we be resurrected. (Bukhari, Abu Dawood, Muslim)
* When awakening from sleep cleanse the mouth with a Miswaak. (Musnad Ahmad, Abu Dawood- pg.8 )
* The use of the Miswaak should be repeated when making Wudhu. Using the Miswaak upon awakening is a separate Sunnat . (Bazlul Majhood,“Commentary of Abu Dawood” Vol.1 pg.35 )
* When wearing one’s trousers, first put on the right leg, then the left one. When putting on a kurta or shirt, first put on the right sleeve and then the left one. The same procedure should be followed when wearing a vest. When wearing a shoe, first put on the right shoe. When removing any garment or shoe, first remove the left, then the right.This is the sunnat method when removing any garment from the body (Bukhari, Tirmidhi “ the chapter on clothing” and Shamaaile Tirmidhi )
* Before immersing the hands into any utensils, wash them thrice thoroughly. ( Tirmidhi – Vol. 1, pg. 13).